Traffic Plan & Advisory for March 19
TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
- From 17-03-2023, 1700 hrs. to 18-03-2023, 1700 hrs Jammu Srinagar NHW remained blocked for 01 hour at Mehar-Cafeteria, blocked for 58 mins at Shalgadi and blocked for 30 mins at Rampari due to shooting stones. C-N Tunnel closed for 44 mins by Tunnel authority, making the total blockage of 03 hrs 12 mins. Also slow movement on NH-44 due to breakdown of 09 HMVs between Nashri and NAVYUG Tunnel.
- HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 19-03-2023:-
Subject to fair weather and road clearance, LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. TCU Jammu/Srinagar shall be liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the traffic.
CUT OFF TIMINGS FOR LMVS/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARS
To be released from Nagrota (Jammu) from 0700 hrs. to 1200 hrs.
from Jakheni (Udhampur) 0800 hrs to 1300 hrs &
from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qzd. side) 0800 hrs to 1200 hrs.
TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory and cut off timings. No vehicle shall be allowed to move before and after cut off timings.
Subject to fair weather and better road conditions, HMVs shall be allowed from Jakheni (Udhampur) towards Srinagar after assessing the road and traffic situation on NH-44. TCU Udhampur shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
SFs Convoy Movement:-
Security Forces are advised/requested not to ply against advisory/traffic plan in view of possible traffic congestion because of narrow carriage way between Nashree and Banihal on Jammu-Srinagar NHW. Tomorrow they may ply from Jammu towards Srinagar after confirming the status of NHW from TCU Ramban.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, only one way traffic ( only Light Motor Vehicles Goods carrier 04 Chakka ) from Srinagar towards Kargil shall be allowed on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumari road. These vehicles shall be allowed from Sonamarg at 0600 hrs. upto 0830 hrs. No vehicle shall be allowed after cut off timing
Motorists are advised to carry anti-skid chain to gain more grip on the slippery road.
No vehicle shall be allowed without anti skid chain .
Mughal Road closed for vehicular movement as per District Magistrate Shopian’s order endstt. no. DMS/PA/2023/1362-67 dated 05-01-2023 in view of snow accumulation.
People are advised to undertake journey on NH-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048, 0191- 2740550, 9419147732, 103)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396, 18001807091, 103)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road
Advisory issued today on 18-03-2023 at 1900 hrs.