Traffic Plan & Advisory for June 21
TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
- From 19-06-2023, 1700 hrs. to 20-06-2023, 1700 hrs, there was slow movement on NH-44 due to breakdown of 06 HMVs, movement of 03 nomadic flocks and single stretch at Dalwas/Mehar/Cafeteria, between Nashri and NAVYUG Tunnel.
- Truckers upto ten Tyre are advised to use Mughal road for movement from Jammu to Srinagar and vice versa-versa.
- HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
- NHAI has been directed by the Government to maintenance of NH-44 between Dalwas and Banihal on Friday, 23rd June 2023. Because of this necessary maintenance work traffic will remain suspended between Nashri and NAVYUG Tunnel.
TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 21-06-2023:-
Subject to fair weather and road clearance, LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. TCU Jammu/Srinagar shall be liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the traffic.
LMVS/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARS TO BE RELEASED
from Nagrota (Jammu) at 0600 hrs.
from Jakheni (Udhampur) at 0700 hrs &
from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qzd. side) 0600 hrs
Passengers are advised to avoid journey on Jammu-Srinagar NHW after 1300 hrs as release of HMVs from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qazigund side) towards Jammu may cause inconvenience to the commuters. TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory.
Subject to fair weather and better road conditions, HMVs shall be allowed after 1300 hrs from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qazigund side) towards Jammu after assessing the road and traffic situation on NH-44. TCU Srinagar shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
SFs Convoy Movement:-
Security Forces are advised/requested not to ply against advisory/traffic plan in view of possible traffic congestion because of narrow carriage way between Nashree and Banihal on Jammu-Srinagar NHW. Tomorrow they may ply from Srinagar towards Jammu after confirming the status of NHW from TCU Ramban.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, vehicular movement on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumari road shall be allowed from both sides viz Srinagar towards Kargil and vice-versa. LMVs followed by HMVs shall be allowed from Minamarg towards Srinagar at 0600 hrs. to 1030 hrs. Similarly, LMVs followed by HMVs shall be allowed from Sonamarg towards Kargil at 1300 hrs to 1700 hrs. No vehicle shall be allowed after cut off timings
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, LMVs shall be allowed from both sides viz. Poonch towards Shopian and vice versa. However, HMVs shall be allowed from Poonch towards Shopian. These vehicles shall be allowed from Behramgalla (Buffliaz) and Herpora (Shopian) at 0800 hrs. upto 1600 hrs. No vehicle shall be allowed after cut of timings
People are advised to undertake journey on NH-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048, 0191- 2740550, 9419147732, 103)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396, 18001807091, 103)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road
Advisory issued today on 20-06-2023 at 2130 hrs.