Traffic Plan & Advisory for June 03
TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
- From 01-06-2023, 1700 hrs. to 02-06-2023, 1700 hrs Jammu Srinagar NHW remained blocked for 44 mins due to NAVYUG Tunnel closed and C-N Tunnel closed for 45 mins by Tunnel authorities, making the total blockage of 01 hour 29 mins. Also slow movement on NH-44 due to breakdown of 02 HMVs and movement of 04 nomadic flocks between Nashri and NAVYUG Tunnel.
- HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 03-06-2023:-
Subject to fair weather and road clearance, LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. TCU Jammu/Srinagar shall be liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the traffic.
CUT OFF TIMINGS FOR LMVS/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARS
To be released from Nagrota (Jammu) from 0600 hrs. to 1100 hrs.
from Jakheni (Udhampur) 0700 hrs to 1200 hrs &
from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qzd. side) 0600 hrs to 1100 hrs.
TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory and cut off timings. No vehicle shall be allowed to move before and after cut off timings.
Subject to fair weather and better road conditions, HMVs shall be allowed from Jakheni (Udhampur) towards Srinagar after assessing the road and traffic situation on NH-44. TCU Udhampur shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
SFs Convoy Movement:-
Security Forces are advised/requested not to ply against advisory/traffic plan in view of possible traffic congestion because of narrow carriage way between Nashree and Banihal on Jammu-Srinagar NHW. Tomorrow they may ply from Jammu towards Srinagar after confirming the status of NHW from TCU Ramban.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, LMVs shall be allowed from both sides and HMVs shall be allowed from Srinagar towards Kargil on SSG road. LMVs will be released from Sonamarg towards Kargil at 0600 hrs. to 0830 hrs. followed by HMVs upto 1030 hrs. and LMVs will be released from Minamarg towards Srinagar at 1400 hrs upto 1700 hrs. No vehicle shall be allowed between 1700 hrs. and 0600 hrs.
Mughal Road is still closed due to landslide at Ratta Chamb.
People are advised to undertake journey on NH-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048, 0191- 2740550, 9419147732, 103)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396, 18001807091, 103)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road
Advisory issued today on 02-06-2023 at 1930 hrs.