An open letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Hon’ble Modi ji, displaced community of Kashmiri Pandits has also been ignored from proper representative and state Assembly as well as in Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha from decades together. It is being tiny minority, having no vote bank and is presently scattered in various part of the country is unrepresented in forums, think tank and other institutions of the country..
We pray your good-self that Kashmiri Pandit community to be give proper representation in political as well as non- political institutions and forums of the country in order to give them opportunity to contribute fully towards nations as well as to represent their community problems and other issues.More importantly at least three constituencies in exile to be alloted to displaced KPs till their return to consolidated place at the land of Kashyap in the valley.
(7) Hon’ble Modi Ji,, undoubtly huge funds are being regularly sent to J and K State by the central govt. for the development of the state and up- liftment of all section of the people. But unfortunately KP community has been ignore and isolated in general and no funds from state budget are being spent for the upliftment and development of the KP’s in particular displaced Kashmiri Pandits.
We appeal to your good-self that development council for Kashmiri Pundits to be constituted so that KPs could themselves look after and decide about the utilisation of funds being sent for them by the centre for their up-liftment and other purposes.
(8) Hon’ble sir, displaced KPs have been living in tenements, TRTs and in rented accommodations in Jammu, Delhi and other parts of the country, having no income other than relief of Rs.10,000 Per family, provided by the government to meet the expenses for food, medicine, education of children etc, The price rise has touched the sky and has gone beyond the control of displaced people to meet the day to day expenses from the meager relief amount given to them at present..
We appeal your good-self, at least Rs.20,000 per family may please be got enhanced to coup up with the present price rise. Besides, very importantly, traders and shop-keepers of the community may kindly be allotted shops along with interest free loan facility at their present respective localities they reside.
(9) Hon’ble Modi JI, we also appeal your good-self that Jammu-Jagti like township is also constructed in Delhi for the internally displaced Kashmiri Pundits who are residing in rented accommodations and other clusters in Delhi and NCR, having meager income of relief only provided by the Govt., till they are consolidatedly rehabilitated in the Valley as per their wishes and aspirations.
(10) Hon’ble sir, the hostile atmosphere created by pro-Pak and separatist elements in the Kashmir Valley resulted forcible exist of PM package and other KP employees including females after great.harassment, humiliation and threat of life. They have been forced to leave their camp location in the valley for jammu, Delhi and other safe zones after pelting stone and ransacking of house holds.
Sir, we appeal your good–self to intervene and get them adjusted out side Kashmir Valley and their salaries to be paid regularly at present locations to save them from starvation, as they have no any other source of income, being displaced people of Kashmir Valley. They may be sent back to valley only and after the whole displaced community will be re–settled in Kashmir consolidatedly, as per their choice and wishes.
(11) Hon’ble Modi Ji, at the conclude, we request your kind honour to have your personal visit to our camp locations at Jammu to take on spot account of our problems and demands which would ease our pain and feel that some one is here to listen the most sufferered victim community of Kashmiri Pandits.
Hon,ble Prime Minister, we,thank your good-self in anticipation and hope your kind honor would come to our rescue at the crucial time when we are in exile from the last 27 years.
(The writer is a freelance, President KPC)