The Bold Voice of J&K

Development initiatives come to a grinding halt in Ramnagar: Harsh

0 32

harshSTATE TIMES NEWS
RAMNAGAR: Alleging neglect and deprivation of Ramnagar Constituency in the matter of development, Harsh Dev Singh, JKNPP Chairman called upon the government to appropriately and adequately address the developmental issues of the said areas in view of wide spread public resentment prevalent therein. He regretted that development initiatives launched by him in the past had come to a grinding halt with no action whatsoever to activate the derailed projects which continued to remain in limbo for the last around Two years.
Expressing grave concern over the pathetic plight of the existing roads, chaotic power supply system, dysfunctional water supply schemes, corruption plagued Rural Dev and Food and Supplies Department and staff deficient schooling system, Singh deplored that Ramnagar Constituency once known for revolutionary growth and development had been relegated to the position of tail ender in the matter of development. He was addressing a huge public gathering in Ramnagar Town today.
Strongly flaying the abandonment of work on the Rs. 15 crore satellite university campus in Ramnagar, Singh regretted that the construction work on the project was stopped in January 2015 immediately after he ceased to be MLA despite 90 per cent of the project having been completed. He questioned the non-initiation and non completion of the remaining 10 per cent of the work on the said campus despite lapse of around two years. He regretted the non introduction of four additional courses in the said university campus approved by the University Council by a resolution passed in 2013. He further questioned the fate of KVK approved under the aegis of Agricultural University at Marta, Ramnagar and ITI complex at Kirmoo, Ramnagar during 2012-13 for Rs. 11 crore and Rs. 3 crore respectively and deplored non initiation of any action in respect thereof during the last two years. He also expressed grave concern over the non commencement of construction work over the PMGSY schemes got sanctioned by him under Phase-X during 2013-14.
He further called for early electrification of left over hamlets of remote areas and argumentation of power supply in the low voltage areas. He cautioned the Power Dev officials to stop charging money from the affected population for replacement of damaged transformers. He said that it happened for the first time that people of various villages including Garh Samnabhanj, Chore Panjian, Motto besides others had to contribute from their pockets to ensure private repairs of the damaged roads. He called for expediting the process of ‘Aadhar Cards’ and payment of early relief and rehabilitation of farmers affected by natural calamities.

Leave a comment
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com