Traffic Plan & Advisory for May 31
TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
- From 29-05-2023, 1700 hrs. to 30-05-2023, 1700 hrs Jammu Srinagar NHW remained blocked for 01 hour 45 mins due to restoration work at Dalwas Passi. NAVYUG Tunnel closed for 03 hours 08 mins. and C-N Tunnel closed for 02 hours 10 mins by Tunnel authorities, making the total blockage of 07 hrs. 03 mins. Also slow movement on NH-44 due to breakdown of 05 HMVs and movement of 06 nomadic flocks between Nashri and NAVYUG Tunnel.
- HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 31-05-2023:-
Subject to fair weather and road clearance, LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. TCU Jammu/Srinagar shall be liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the traffic.
CUT OFF TIMINGS FOR LMVS/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARS
To be released from Nagrota (Jammu) from 0600 hrs. to 1100 hrs.
from Jakheni (Udhampur) 0700 hrs to 1200 hrs &
from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qzd. side) 0600 hrs to 1100 hrs.
TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory and cut off timings. No vehicle shall be allowed to move before and after cut off timings.
Subject to fair weather and better road conditions, HMVs shall be allowed from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qazigund side) towards Jammu after assessing the road and traffic situation on NH-44. TCU Srinagar shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
SFs Convoy Movement:-
Security Forces are advised/requested not to ply against advisory/traffic plan in view of possible traffic congestion because of narrow carriage way between Nashree and Banihal on Jammu-Srinagar NHW. Tomorrow they may ply from Srinagar towards Jammu after confirming the status of NHW from TCU Ramban.
Subject to fair weather and good road condition, LMVs shall be allowed from both sides and HMVs shall be allowed from Kargil towards Srinagar on SSG road. LMVs will be released from Minamarg towards Srinagar at 0600 hrs. to 0830 hrs. followed by HMVs upto 1030 hrs. and LMVs will be released from Sonamarg towards Kargil at 1400 hrs upto 1700 hrs. No vehicle shall be allowed between 1700 hrs. and 0600 hrs.
Tomorrow on 31-05-2023, no vehicular movement shall be allowed from either side on Mughal Road in view of blockage of road due to major landslide at Ratta Chamb.
People are advised to undertake journey on NH-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048, 0191- 2740550, 9419147732, 103)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396, 18001807091, 103)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road
Advisory issued today on 30-05-2023 at 2100 hrs.