Traffic Plan & Advisory for March 02
TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
- From 28-02-2023, 1700 hrs to 01-03-2023, 1700 hrs Jammu Srinagar NHW remained blocked for 50 mins at Cafeteria-Mehar due to shooting stones. C-N Tunnel closed for 25 mins and NAVYUG Tunnel closed for 23 mins by Tunnel authorities, making the total blockage of 01 hours 38 mins. Also slow movement on NH-44 due to breakdown of 03 HMVs between Nashri and NAVYUG Tunnel.
- HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
- NHAI has been directed by the Govt. to repair and maintenance works on NH-44 between Nashri and NAVYUG Tunnel. Because of this necessary repair work, traffic will remain suspended from Nashri towards NAVYUG Tunnel and vice versa from 6 am on 3rd March to 6 am on 4th March 2023. Moreover, similar dry day on NH-44 will also be observed on 10th March 2023
TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 02-03-2023:-
Subject to fair weather and road clearance, LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. TCU Jammu/Srinagar shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the traffic.
CUT OFF TIMINGS FOR LMVS/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARS
To be released from Nagrota (Jammu) from 0800 hrs. to 1200 hrs.
from Jakheni (Udhampur) 0900 hrs to 1300 hrs &
from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qzd. side) 0800 hrs to 1200 hrs.
TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory and cut off timings. No vehicle shall be allowed to move before and after cut off timings.
Subject to fair weather and better road conditions, HMVs shall be allowed from Jakheni (Udhampur) towards Srinagar after assessing the road and traffic situation on NH-44. TCU Udhampur shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
SFs Convoy Movement:-
Security Forces are advised/requested not to ply against advisory/traffic plan in view of possible traffic congestion because of narrow carriage way between Nashree and Banihal on Jammu-Srinagar NHW. Tomorrow they may ply from Jammu towards Srinagar after confirming the status of NHW from TCU Ramban.
SSG ROAD: –
SSG Road closed for vehicular movement as per Divisional Commissioner Ladakh UT’s order no. 75 dated 06-01-2023 in view of snow accumulation.
Mughal Road closed for vehicular movement as per District Magistrate Shopian’s order endstt. no. DMS/PA/2023/1362-67 dated 05-01-2023 in view of snow accumulation.
People are advised to undertake journey on NH-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048, 0191- 2740550, 9419147732, 103)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396, 18001807091,103)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road
Advisory issued today on 01-03-2023 at 1800 hrs.