Traffic Plan & Advisory for December 30
TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
- From 28-12-2022, 1700 hrs. to 29-12-2022, 1700 hrs. Jammu Srinagar NHW remained block for 27 mins due to earth cutting at Sherbibi (Banihal) by CPPL. NAVYUG Tunnel closed by Tunnel authority for 01 hour 40 mins, making the total blockage of 02 hours 07 mins. There was slow movement on NH-44 due to breakdown of 05 HMVs between Nashree and NAVYUG Tunnel.
- There will be no maintenance/repair day on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumri road in view of winter season.
- HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 30-12-2022:-
Subject to fair weather and road clearance, LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. TCU Jammu/Srinagar shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the traffic.
CUT OFF TIMINGS FOR LMVS/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARS: –
To be released from Nagrota (Jammu) from 0800 hrs. to 1100 hrs.
from Jakheni (Udhampur) 0900 hrs to 1200 hrs &
from Qazigund 0800 hrs to 1100 hrs.
TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory and cut off timings. No vehicle shall be allowed to move before and after cut off timings.
Subject to fair weather and better road conditions, HMVs shall be allowed from Jakhani (Udhampur) towards Srinagar after assessing the road and traffic situation on NH-44. TCU Udhampur shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
SFs Convoy Movement:-
Security Forces are advised/requested not to ply against advisory/traffic plan in view of possible traffic congestion because of narrow carriage way between Nashree and Banihal on Jammu-Srinagar NHW. Tomorrow they may ply from Jammu towards Srinagar after confirming the status of NHW from TCU Ramban.
SSG ROAD: –
SSG Road is closed due to fresh snowfall.
Mughal road is closed due to fresh snowfall
People are advised to undertake journey on NHW-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048, 0191- 2740550, 9419147732)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396, 18001807091)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road
Advisory issued today on 29-12-2022 at 1800 hrs.