The Bold Voice of J&K

Two Pakistanis among 3 flee from juvenile home; open fire, injure 2 cops

0 282

Gataru murder accused plotted escape?

STATE TIMES NEWS

CCTV footage shows firing on cops inside juvenile home at R S Pura on Monday.

JAMMU: Police has launched an extensive manhunt and sounded a high alert across Jammu, Samba and Kathua districts after three inmates, including two Pakistani nationals, escaped from the Juvenile Observation Home at RS Pura on Monday evening, raising serious concerns over custodial security in a sensitive border area.
According to official sources, the escape took place between 5.15 pm and 5.30 pm when the inmates opened fire and injured two police personnel deployed on guard duty before fleeing the premises. The injured policemen have been identified as Vinay Kumar (Special Police Officer) and Parveen Kumar, both of whom were shifted to GMC Hospital for medical treatment.
According to police statement, the escapees have been identified as Ahsan Anwar, resident of Nankana Sahib, Pakistan; Moham-mad Sanaullah, resident of Basti Jawewala, Pakistan; and local inmate Karanjeet Singh, alias Gugga resident of Dablehar in RS Pura. They initially started fighting themselves, when the cops intervened they opened fire and managed to flee.
The two Pakistani nationals had been arrested last year while attempting to infiltrate into Indian territory by illegally crossing the International Border. The third escapee, Karanjit Singh alias Gugga, is a key accused in the Gataru murder case and was among the twelve persons charge-sheeted in the high-profile murder registered in the Jewel Chowk area of Jammu.
Following the escape, police immediately alerted all police stations, naka points, and border units. Special teams comprising police and intelligence personnel were constituted, and raids are being conducted at multiple locations, including suspected hideouts and transit routes. Checkposts across Jammu, Samba, Kathua, and adjoining districts have been strengthened.
Unconfirmed reports further suggest that the trio, after escaping from custody, allegedly snatched a motorcycle from a roadside location at gunpoint to facilitate their escape. Police, however, said this aspect is being verified as part of the ongoing investigation.
The incident has also triggered serious questions about lapses in security arrangements at the Juvenile Observation Home. Investigators are probing how the inmates managed to overpower police guards and, more critically, how a country-made pistol was allegedly brought inside the facility, which is supposed to follow strict security and surveillance protocols.
Senior officials said a departmental inquiry has been initiated to fix responsibility for the security breach, while additional forces have been deployed around sensitive installations and border belts. Authorities have appealed to the public to remain vigilant and immediately inform the nearest police station about any suspicious movement.
The search operation remained underway till late, with officials stating that no effort will be spared to apprehend the escapees and restore public confidence in custodial security.

Leave a comment
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com